Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> "while I'm there".., Engine out..what to change?
TRS63
post Mar 17 2022, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,690
Region Association: Europe

Hello all,

slowly I am coming to the point of thinking about putting the engine back..but now is also the point for some preventive maintenance on it!

The start:
-engine is the original 1,8l with L-Jet
-it worked all good until I stopped it and removed the engine for rust repair last August
-fuel pump is approx 2 years old

What is planned:
-oil change of course
-oil+air filter of course
-all fuel lines, engine side but also the ones in the tunnel (stainless steel ones) and under the tank

I don't want to invest so much as it was a good running unit and I don't want to overdo. But I want a reliable car and more than that as much safety as possible (especially fire-risks).
I am also unsure what the future will be : carbs or modern FI with ITBs ? I am missing the clean look and admission sound with the current setup. So no unnecessary invest in the L-Jet. What is sure: I will stay in the future with a 4 cylinders (but probably a bigger one) for weight reasons.

-->do I need to change injectors sealings ? If yes, which ones?
-->something else ?

Thanks for the inputs

Antoine
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:20 AM