Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> my 9146werkshop SS muffler rubs the stock muffler shield, what is the best way to remedy this ? i have a few thoughts but want some input
DRPHIL914
post Mar 21 2022, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

I have one of Ben's beautiful mufflers on my car, and i just pulled it out along with the transmission, and noticed it is rubbing on the left back side , small spot on the very far left side, rear where the stock heat shield curves down at the back edge.

I was thinking that it has partly to do with Ben's muffler being straight so it gets closer out to the outside on both sides but only rubs on left.

Can i put some spacers at the rear transmission mount to drop the rear abut 1/4"?
If so, what to use? I have the 911 engine mounts for the transmission mounts with stock hardware and bolts and washers.

OR

option 2 try and bend that shield but those welded brackets hold it really tight.

OR

Remove the shield completely and place heat shield material on bottom side of the trunk floor for defection of the heat.

any other thoughts please they would be greatly appreciated.

Phil
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:58 AM