Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> -- please delete --
MattR
post Mar 27 2022, 04:56 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,589
Region Association: Northern California

-- search is paused for now --
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 27 2022, 05:05 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

That’s a $25-35k car.
Good luck with the search. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
MattR
post Mar 27 2022, 05:20 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2022, 03:05 PM) *

That’s a $25-35k car.
Good luck with the search. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

The car on eBay should be 25-35k? That was my feeling. I talked to the seller and got some pictures of the underside. I don't see any rust (which I know doesn't mean much), but it's far from pristine.

Has anybody seen this car in person?
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 27 2022, 07:36 PM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

$65k should buy you a pretty incredible conversion. The silver ebay one is way short of incredible.
I would continue to ask on world, pelican, early911sreg, etc.
Plenty of really nice conversations change hands through the enthusiast sites without ever going on bat, eBay, etc. Have your money ready and jump when a nice one comes along.
+Quote Post
MattR
post Mar 27 2022, 07:52 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2022, 05:36 PM) *

$65k should buy you a pretty incredible conversion. The silver ebay one is way short of incredible.
Plenty of really nice conversations change hands through the enthusiast sites without ever going on bat, eBay, etc. Have your money ready and jump when a nice one comes along.

Agreed. I would rather find a driver than a pristine car though. I would like to do the refresh work myself, but want to be able to drive in the meantime. The condition of that car is about what I'm looking for... But not for that price.

I would honestly prefer to go through here, pp or earlyS. I'm on those classified sections regularly along with PCA Mart and haven't found the right car. Hence the post.
+Quote Post
Robarabian
post Mar 27 2022, 08:52 PM
Post #6

914 A Roo

Member No.: 22,865
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(MattR @ Mar 27 2022, 03:56 PM) *

Hi all, it's been quite a while since I've had a 914 or posted on this forum, but my days of track cars and modern Porsches are on pause with kids in the house and time limited. These days I've been enjoying cars and coffee and weekend cruises here in the Bay area with my 67 911. My 911 is very untouched and original and am itching for a hot rod to join it in my garage. I would love to find a 73/74 (side shift with chrome bumpers) that has been converted. I am not looking for metal work and paint work, but don't need a garage queen.

There is a Silver 914-6 conversion on ebay that's been listed for months. Not sure if anyone has seen this car or has opinions. Or if there are any other cars I should consider.

Thanks!

Sent you a PM
+Quote Post
briansmachine
post Mar 31 2022, 07:26 AM
Post #7

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 11,744
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(MattR @ Mar 27 2022, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2022, 05:36 PM) *

Agreed. I would rather find a driver than a pristine car though. I would like to do the refresh work myself, but want to be able to drive in the meantime. The condition of that car is about what I'm looking for... But not for that price.

I would honestly prefer to go through here, pp or earlyS. I'm on those classified sections regularly along with PCA Mart and haven't found the right car. Hence the post.

If your still looking for a converted 914 I have one with a 2.7 PMO injected powertrain all done except for paint. Car is very fast. You can email me at bblake944s@aol.com if you would like more info
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:48 AM