Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Back from DE at Tremblant, life is short.... Corner fast!
si2t3m
post Jul 24 2003, 07:42 AM
Post #1

914 addict

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

Hi,

Just got back from the DE. WOW! 3 days of nirvana. I brought my dad with me so he drove the car in the green group while i drove it in the white group.

The 914-6 took a 700kms round trip and saw 720kms of track. Now that i'm back home, I can now say how well the car performed during the 3 days.

It's now time for an front oil cooler for me. As I was running just after the green group, I was taking the car already warmed up. First day wasn't too bad as my dad wasn't really pushing it. 2nd day was different. I had to do a pass in the pits to let the engine cool a bit and ran 1/2 throttle on the back straight after going into 5th (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

A guy from Vermont was there with a pretty neat 914-6 conversion with a 3.2 in it. Nice subttle flares and a boxster intake on one side to bring air to the airbox. Pretty cool setup. Guy took off on the second day so I have no pics of it. The boxster vent was well blended to the car and looked like it belonged there.

Car would backfire at a couple of places around the track. A couple of drivers reported flames coming out of the tail pipes too... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drew365
post Jul 24 2003, 08:37 AM
Post #2

These are the good old days!

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

Car would backfire at a couple of places around the track. A couple of drivers reported flames coming out of the tail pipes too...

That was happening to me when I had crap in my air filters. That's an easy thing to check.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 07:22 AM