Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back from DE at Tremblant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
si2t3m
Hi,

Just got back from the DE. WOW! 3 days of nirvana. I brought my dad with me so he drove the car in the green group while i drove it in the white group.

The 914-6 took a 700kms round trip and saw 720kms of track. Now that i'm back home, I can now say how well the car performed during the 3 days.

It's now time for an front oil cooler for me. As I was running just after the green group, I was taking the car already warmed up. First day wasn't too bad as my dad wasn't really pushing it. 2nd day was different. I had to do a pass in the pits to let the engine cool a bit and ran 1/2 throttle on the back straight after going into 5th sad.gif

A guy from Vermont was there with a pretty neat 914-6 conversion with a 3.2 in it. Nice subttle flares and a boxster intake on one side to bring air to the airbox. Pretty cool setup. Guy took off on the second day so I have no pics of it. The boxster vent was well blended to the car and looked like it belonged there.

Car would backfire at a couple of places around the track. A couple of drivers reported flames coming out of the tail pipes too... cool.gif
drew365
Car would backfire at a couple of places around the track. A couple of drivers reported flames coming out of the tail pipes too...

That was happening to me when I had crap in my air filters. That's an easy thing to check.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.