Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel pump relocation, Finally to the front
nditiz1
post Apr 12 2022, 11:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So I'm finally going to put my pump up front. This is the CB Performance rotary 3193 (thanks Glen).

I know some of you can remember my car briefly having a 2.7 EFI with ITB's, but I'm in the middle of a trade right now - 2.7 shipped out and I will be getting a 2.4 with dual Zeniths. While the power is down and not as cool as the EFI ITB, it will be much easier to tune as well as drop in and go. The 2.7 had a major oil leak with one of the through bolts it appeared. Oh and no need for a front Oil cooler (I think).

But I digress, this should be pretty simple. Go through the filter on the right, to the pump, and then to another filter (not pictured), then to the main line. I am thinking about getting a cap for the return line. I never really like clamping onto a bolt. I guess I could...

Lastly I will be installing a relay. Need to pull power from somewhere. Clay had mentioned to use fuse #8 to send the signal to the relay. What are others using for the constant power?

That condensor/box is definitely coming out and into the trash

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-18763-1649829549.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 13 2022, 09:49 AM
Post #2

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Good modification and needed in our cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Van B
post Apr 13 2022, 10:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 26,011
Region Association: None

I recently discovered my relocated FP was tapped into the coil wire on the relay board, no bueno. I was able to tap into the original fuel pump wires under the car that had been snipped and tucked up into the hell hole and ran 14 AWG wires through the tunnel to the front.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:45 PM