Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump relocation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
So I'm finally going to put my pump up front. This is the CB Performance rotary 3193 (thanks Glen).

I know some of you can remember my car briefly having a 2.7 EFI with ITB's, but I'm in the middle of a trade right now - 2.7 shipped out and I will be getting a 2.4 with dual Zeniths. While the power is down and not as cool as the EFI ITB, it will be much easier to tune as well as drop in and go. The 2.7 had a major oil leak with one of the through bolts it appeared. Oh and no need for a front Oil cooler (I think).

But I digress, this should be pretty simple. Go through the filter on the right, to the pump, and then to another filter (not pictured), then to the main line. I am thinking about getting a cap for the return line. I never really like clamping onto a bolt. I guess I could...

Lastly I will be installing a relay. Need to pull power from somewhere. Clay had mentioned to use fuse #8 to send the signal to the relay. What are others using for the constant power?

That condensor/box is definitely coming out and into the trash

IPB Image
Cairo94507
Good modification and needed in our cars. beerchug.gif
Van B
I recently discovered my relocated FP was tapped into the coil wire on the relay board, no bueno. I was able to tap into the original fuel pump wires under the car that had been snipped and tucked up into the hell hole and ran 14 AWG wires through the tunnel to the front.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.