Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> '73 914 2.0L $3000, Engine and fuel delivery parts for sale
seatosummit
post Apr 15 2022, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,012
Region Association: None

Hi -

I've just completed an EV conversion on my Porsche 914, so all of the internal combustion related parts are for sale.

It was converted to a single weber carb by a previous owner.

The previous owner rebuilt the engine less than 1000 miles ago. New pistons, pushrods and seals all around.

Includes the functional alternator, tin, heat exchanger and exhaust from the 914. I have the factory blower motor also that I can include if desired.

The case serial number is W0127222 - I looked it up and this from a 71 1.7L. I contacted the PO and assures me that that is just the case (which were all interchangeable) and the internals are of the larger displacement. Rebuilt 2.0 Liters are roughly 5k, so the mismatched case is why I am pricing lower than market.

This will fit in the bus of the same era and no doubt a number of other VWs with a bit of effort.

If you are going to use the carb that is installed, you should replace the rubber injector runners, as one of those was ripped during the removal process (see photo).

I also have a fuel refurbished fuel tank with new fuel level sending unit, as well as 6 month old tangerine racing SS fuel lines. $150 for each.

Linked CL ad has many more photos. Can send a video of it running before I pulled it in January.

Thanks for looking!

Cash and local pickup preferred. Could ship if buyer handles logistics.

CL Ad
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
RoadGlue
post Apr 15 2022, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108
Region Association: Northern California

Just so it's clear, the heads are four-bolt so if they're 2.0L heads then they're from a bus, not a 914. You can also make a 2.0 motor with smaller displacement heads.

To fit a bus it would require different exhaust, tin and flywheel bits. The dipstick location can be a bummer for bus owners too.

Good luck with the sale!
+Quote Post
guytranspo
post Apr 15 2022, 03:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 26,382
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(seatosummit @ Apr 15 2022, 08:44 AM) *

Hi -

I've just completed an EV conversion on my Porsche 914, so all of the internal combustion related parts are for sale.

It was converted to a single weber carb by a previous owner.

The previous owner rebuilt the engine less than 1000 miles ago. New pistons, pushrods and seals all around.

Includes the functional alternator, tin, heat exchanger and exhaust from the 914. I have the factory blower motor also that I can include if desired.

The case serial number is W0127222 - I looked it up and this from a 71 1.7L. I contacted the PO and assures me that that is just the case (which were all interchangeable) and the internals are of the larger displacement. Rebuilt 2.0 Liters are roughly 5k, so the mismatched case is why I am pricing lower than market.

This will fit in the bus of the same era and no doubt a number of other VWs with a bit of effort.

If you are going to use the carb that is installed, you should replace the rubber injector runners, as one of those was ripped during the removal process (see photo).

I also have a fuel refurbished fuel tank with new fuel level sending unit, as well as 6 month old tangerine racing SS fuel lines. $150 for each.

Linked CL ad has many more photos. Can send a video of it running before I pulled it in January.

Thanks for looking!

Cash and local pickup preferred. Could ship if buyer handles logistics.

CL Ad

I don’t mean to hijack your sale post, but I PM’d you about your electric conversion.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Apr 15 2022, 06:50 PM
Post #4

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

More than likely, it's a 1911. 1.7 crank, 96mm pistons, 1.7 heads.
The "big bore" kit. Spunky little engine. Torquey and tough!
+Quote Post
seatosummit
post Apr 17 2022, 11:26 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Apr 15 2022, 05:50 PM) *

Curious!

Any way to check if this is the setup?

Thanks,
Austin
+Quote Post
seatosummit
post Apr 17 2022, 11:27 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 15 2022, 10:33 AM) *

Just so it's clear, the heads are four-bolt so if they're 2.0L heads then they're from a bus, not a 914. You can also make a 2.0 motor with smaller displacement heads.

To fit a bus it would require different exhaust, tin and flywheel bits. The dipstick location can be a bummer for bus owners too.

Good luck with the sale!

Ahh, useful notes.

Thank you!
+Quote Post
brant
post Apr 17 2022, 11:41 AM
Post #7

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Apr 15 2022, 06:50 PM) *

My guess too
You’d need to pull a head most likely to check

But I doubt it has the 2.0 crank and rods with those heads

You might be able to check if it has AA cylinders from the casting marks on them. But I’m not familiar with what AA used for casting ID’s
+Quote Post
seatosummit
post Apr 28 2022, 02:47 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(brant @ Apr 17 2022, 10:41 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Apr 15 2022, 06:50 PM) *

My guess too
You’d need to pull a head most likely to check

But I doubt it has the 2.0 crank and rods with those heads

You might be able to check if it has AA cylinders from the casting marks on them. But I’m not familiar with what AA used for casting ID’s

Thanks for all of the valuable insight, I knew this would be the place to post and get a thorough report on exactly what I have.

Still for sale and price is negotiable in case anyone is interested in transplanting this!

Cheers,
Austin
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:05 AM