Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '73 914 2.0L $3000
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
seatosummit
Hi -

I've just completed an EV conversion on my Porsche 914, so all of the internal combustion related parts are for sale.

It was converted to a single weber carb by a previous owner.

The previous owner rebuilt the engine less than 1000 miles ago. New pistons, pushrods and seals all around.

Includes the functional alternator, tin, heat exchanger and exhaust from the 914. I have the factory blower motor also that I can include if desired.

The case serial number is W0127222 - I looked it up and this from a 71 1.7L. I contacted the PO and assures me that that is just the case (which were all interchangeable) and the internals are of the larger displacement. Rebuilt 2.0 Liters are roughly 5k, so the mismatched case is why I am pricing lower than market.

This will fit in the bus of the same era and no doubt a number of other VWs with a bit of effort.

If you are going to use the carb that is installed, you should replace the rubber injector runners, as one of those was ripped during the removal process (see photo).

I also have a fuel refurbished fuel tank with new fuel level sending unit, as well as 6 month old tangerine racing SS fuel lines. $150 for each.

Linked CL ad has many more photos. Can send a video of it running before I pulled it in January.

Thanks for looking!

Cash and local pickup preferred. Could ship if buyer handles logistics.

CL Ad
RoadGlue
Just so it's clear, the heads are four-bolt so if they're 2.0L heads then they're from a bus, not a 914. You can also make a 2.0 motor with smaller displacement heads.

To fit a bus it would require different exhaust, tin and flywheel bits. The dipstick location can be a bummer for bus owners too.

Good luck with the sale!
guytranspo
QUOTE(seatosummit @ Apr 15 2022, 08:44 AM) *

Hi -

I've just completed an EV conversion on my Porsche 914, so all of the internal combustion related parts are for sale.

It was converted to a single weber carb by a previous owner.

The previous owner rebuilt the engine less than 1000 miles ago. New pistons, pushrods and seals all around.

Includes the functional alternator, tin, heat exchanger and exhaust from the 914. I have the factory blower motor also that I can include if desired.

The case serial number is W0127222 - I looked it up and this from a 71 1.7L. I contacted the PO and assures me that that is just the case (which were all interchangeable) and the internals are of the larger displacement. Rebuilt 2.0 Liters are roughly 5k, so the mismatched case is why I am pricing lower than market.

This will fit in the bus of the same era and no doubt a number of other VWs with a bit of effort.

If you are going to use the carb that is installed, you should replace the rubber injector runners, as one of those was ripped during the removal process (see photo).

I also have a fuel refurbished fuel tank with new fuel level sending unit, as well as 6 month old tangerine racing SS fuel lines. $150 for each.

Linked CL ad has many more photos. Can send a video of it running before I pulled it in January.

Thanks for looking!

Cash and local pickup preferred. Could ship if buyer handles logistics.

CL Ad

I don’t mean to hijack your sale post, but I PM’d you about your electric conversion.
TheCabinetmaker
More than likely, it's a 1911. 1.7 crank, 96mm pistons, 1.7 heads.
The "big bore" kit. Spunky little engine. Torquey and tough!
seatosummit
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Apr 15 2022, 05:50 PM) *

Curious!

Any way to check if this is the setup?

Thanks,
Austin
seatosummit
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 15 2022, 10:33 AM) *

Just so it's clear, the heads are four-bolt so if they're 2.0L heads then they're from a bus, not a 914. You can also make a 2.0 motor with smaller displacement heads.

To fit a bus it would require different exhaust, tin and flywheel bits. The dipstick location can be a bummer for bus owners too.

Good luck with the sale!

Ahh, useful notes.

Thank you!
brant
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Apr 15 2022, 06:50 PM) *

My guess too
You’d need to pull a head most likely to check

But I doubt it has the 2.0 crank and rods with those heads

You might be able to check if it has AA cylinders from the casting marks on them. But I’m not familiar with what AA used for casting ID’s
seatosummit
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 17 2022, 10:41 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Apr 15 2022, 06:50 PM) *

My guess too
You’d need to pull a head most likely to check

But I doubt it has the 2.0 crank and rods with those heads

You might be able to check if it has AA cylinders from the casting marks on them. But I’m not familiar with what AA used for casting ID’s

Thanks for all of the valuable insight, I knew this would be the place to post and get a thorough report on exactly what I have.

Still for sale and price is negotiable in case anyone is interested in transplanting this!

Cheers,
Austin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.