Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Got a ticket
Mike D.
post Jul 24 2003, 01:27 PM
Post #21

OK, It runs now, and pretty good too!

Group: Members
Member No.: 85
Region Association: None

Jenny,

You would think the police would know weather of not you car was registered when they ran the plate. I believe that the DMV, Police and Parking Police computers are not linked unless it benefits them in some way.

Years back I had my VW superbeetle stolen. The stripped down carcass sat on the street in east LA collecting parking tickets for over two weeks, like 5 or 6, until it was finally towed. At the police impound they must have realized the car was reported stolen. After all that, about 6 weeks later I got a notice of unpaid parking tickets in the mail!

I had to retrieve, copy and distribute all the paperwork myself to make them go away.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Unfuckingbelievable!

-Mike D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jul 24 2003, 06:24 PM
Post #22

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

QUOTE(Jenny @ Jul 24 2003, 10:39 AM)
I have to go to Palo Alto to take care of it. Brad, I now echo your sentiments about that city. sucks much ass.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif)

Jen

hey, palo alto's a great city --

that is if you're a stuck-up 26 year-old retired brat with a new boxster who doesn't wave at 914's.

errrrr (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) , i've got to move....

sorry to hear about the bullshit you have to deal with jenny. do stop by if you want to see a running 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol3.gif)

nathan
+Quote Post
mikester
post Jul 24 2003, 06:37 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 837

If it is california, and the car is not operational you can have it registered as PNO (Planned Non Operational). In which case they do not issue you a new sticker until it is reregistered as operatioal. Renewing it as NPO is very cheap I believe. Since it was parked in a private parking lot and not on a public street, I wonder if the ticket is reasonable.

I would fight it, that being the case.

I paid my fees on time recently via the mail and have yet to recieve my sticker. I'm a bit irritated, when I called they said "it was in processing."

I hate California government.
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Jul 24 2003, 06:45 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96
Region Association: None

Let's all move to Texas. It'll balance things out in the grand scheme of things anyway. Brad keeps bringing people over here from Texas... <_<

Jen
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 10:42 PM