Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Beware replacement 1.7 injector and hoses supplied with them, Cracking after installing a few weeks ago
jhynesrockmtn
post Apr 29 2022, 03:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I bought the common replacement 1.7 liter fuel injectors from rock auto about a month ago. They are installed on an engine that was removed for some out of the car maintenance. I only put them on there a few weeks ago. They are already splitting at the bend. I guess I'm gonna be cutting them off and reinstalling the pre bent hoses that I had bought new a year ago.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
mgphoto
post Apr 29 2022, 05:02 PM
Post #2

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Member No.: 10,225
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Apr 29 2022, 02:13 PM) *

I bought the common replacement 1.7 liter fuel injectors from rock auto about a month ago. They are installed on an engine that was removed for some out of the car maintenance. I only put them on there a few weeks ago. They are already splitting at the bend. I guess I'm gonna be cutting them off and reinstalling the pre bent hoses that I had bought new a year ago.

I found the same issue, cheap hoses, with the 2.0L version, I was installing them on the fuel rail and I bent the hose to better conform to the space and the bronze ring deformed. I didn’t need to cut them off, just some hard tugging they came apart, I also used the bent hoses I already had. FYI the 2.0L injector version works very well.
+Quote Post
jhynesrockmtn
post Apr 30 2022, 03:14 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(mgphoto @ Apr 29 2022, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Apr 29 2022, 02:13 PM) *

I found the same issue, cheap hoses, with the 2.0L version, I was installing them on the fuel rail and I bent the hose to better conform to the space and the bronze ring deformed. I didn’t need to cut them off, just some hard tugging they came apart, I also used the bent hoses I already had. FYI the 2.0L injector version works very well.

Just finished this. I used a small dremel cutoff wheel to cut the brass slightly and they pulled right off.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:34 AM