Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beware replacement 1.7 injector and hoses supplied with them
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhynesrockmtn
I bought the common replacement 1.7 liter fuel injectors from rock auto about a month ago. They are installed on an engine that was removed for some out of the car maintenance. I only put them on there a few weeks ago. They are already splitting at the bend. I guess I'm gonna be cutting them off and reinstalling the pre bent hoses that I had bought new a year ago.

Click to view attachment
mgphoto
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Apr 29 2022, 02:13 PM) *

I bought the common replacement 1.7 liter fuel injectors from rock auto about a month ago. They are installed on an engine that was removed for some out of the car maintenance. I only put them on there a few weeks ago. They are already splitting at the bend. I guess I'm gonna be cutting them off and reinstalling the pre bent hoses that I had bought new a year ago.

Click to view attachment

I found the same issue, cheap hoses, with the 2.0L version, I was installing them on the fuel rail and I bent the hose to better conform to the space and the bronze ring deformed. I didn’t need to cut them off, just some hard tugging they came apart, I also used the bent hoses I already had. FYI the 2.0L injector version works very well.
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Apr 29 2022, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Apr 29 2022, 02:13 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I found the same issue, cheap hoses, with the 2.0L version, I was installing them on the fuel rail and I bent the hose to better conform to the space and the bronze ring deformed. I didn’t need to cut them off, just some hard tugging they came apart, I also used the bent hoses I already had. FYI the 2.0L injector version works very well.

Just finished this. I used a small dremel cutoff wheel to cut the brass slightly and they pulled right off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.