Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Improvements after Route 66, Time to clean up the build
Mowog4
post May 6 2022, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,325
Region Association: None

I went on the Route 66 run, more accurately I went on 1/4 of the Route 66 run. My car is a Subi powered 914, it was having problems at wide open throttle and was down on power. I had put a Walbro pump from Speedway Motors on it the previous week. Turns out the pump was a Chinese knock off, and was degrading and performance and output as I was driving at home. I decided to go to an intake solution, so I bought one of the new tanks from auto Atlanta and 18th Inc. in-tank Walbro unit. Got the tank earlier this week, has anyone had a problem with the fuel sender hitting the swirl pot edge? I may have to make a modification.

Another area I’m going to tackle is the alignment. The car is very twitchy at all speeds, but very noticeable as you creep into triple digits. Hoping somebody might have alignment specs, or at least suggestions. I am running GT flares with white tires. 225-17s in the front, 255i17s in the rear.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ed
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 10:07 PM