Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fresh Air Box Drain Nipple Repair - Simple
jrmdir
post May 12 2022, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,544
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi:

Something like this may have been posted before but I couldn't find anything. Posting in case it may be of help to someone down the line.

Based on my car it seems that the drain nipples are prone to snapping off. Someone mentioned trying ABS cement to try to butt weld them back on, but while I have my air box out I wanted to try something more durable.

Turns out a standard 1/2 copper coupling is almost a perfect fit to make a sleeve. The ID of the broken nipple is slightly tapered going toward the box so while the copper fitting slides in perfectly from the drain end, it sticks about 1/8 inch from the other end. But just a few minutes hogging out that end, as well as the opening in the box and it all came together perfectly. Now to add a bit of epoxy and it should be pretty reliable.

Ron

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:32 PM