Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tailshift rear cover, Fitment issue
MM1
post May 22 2022, 06:26 PM
Post #1

914 obsession continues

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,105
Region Association: Southern California

Am I missing something here?

I just bought this new tailshift rear cover from Sierra Madre-it is an Uro part.

It doesn’t appear to be properly designed-but I could be wrong since I have never seen one before nor have I ever tried to install one (i.e. perhaps I am not doing something correctly but another ‘Teener thought the cover was incorrect), so any advice would be much appreciated.

The seventh (Second to last picture) posted here is upside down(sorry-I’m not going to blow 15 minutes more trying to fix that).

Nonetheless, all the pictures show that the cover is pushed all the way on to the mounting bracket so that even if we trimmed very end of the round portion, that would not allow the cover to be moved forward, since the area where the round portions of the cover
pinch in to a smaller diameter would never clear the end of the round metal surround that holds the bushing. The result of all this, as you can see in the other pictures, is that cut out for the tailshift Rod is not in the correct position to close the new cover.

The last picture shows the cover with the round portion fully seated against the bushing bracket-but the cut out for the rod is still too far rearward to close the cover-much less to seal it and keep out the dirt.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached ImageAttached Image Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:35 PM