Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 aftermarket air filters, I made something work! Check it out.
porschetub
post Jun 2 2022, 02:44 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jun 3 2022, 07:18 AM) *

Looks like the same way the factory built them LOL none the same all pretty close.

Sold my K&Ns and went back to stock plastic one with Zeniths,found I couldn't used one of the clips @ that point and no room the engage it but atleast the air cleaner still seals there.
The air cleaner is a little hard to fit but I like the reduction in noise over the K&N's which was the reason for changing I now have a more suitable oil tank vent hose back to the aircleaner also,recently fitted a BMC filter element.
I'am running a stock mount @ the bulkhead,engine seems to be pretty much in the right place.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nditiz1
post Jun 3 2022, 01:12 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

In case anyone ran into the same issue I was having.

The K&N filter kit for dual carbs is:
knn-56-1770-2

It is an oval 3 port setup that works on all 911 applications. Mounts the same in a 6, except you could run into an issue like I did where the plate hits the back edge of the trunk frame (not the actual trunk).

I had a set of filter pods I just acquired in a recent purchase and they are an older kit for the same application, thicker aluminum bases. These were even more of an issue as they sat just a little higher due to them being thicker.

The base oval filter sits 3.25" high (E3761). K&N did manufacturer another same dimension oval filter only 1 inch shorter that would have worked for this application, but those are now discontinued. I hear a couple in UK and Australia. The other problem with that is I would have to use slimmer stacks which requires more money. My stacks are currently the stock 50mm ones. So I could drop $440 on new ones with a snug rub fit on the 123 side OR come in E-1065 81' Camaro round filter. Take a circle and make it an oval. No different than how 40 IDF filters come when you get the kit. A hole half inch gained and still satisfies at least 1 inch above velocity stacks for air flow.

Before
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-18763-1654283542.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-18763-1654283544.2.jpg)

After
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-18763-1654283544.3.jpg)
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jun 3 2022, 02:51 PM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I wish I could find a shorter paper element. I know I have some new paper ones in one of my totes. Will look this weekend.
+Quote Post
nditiz1
post Jun 3 2022, 03:59 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 3 2022, 01:51 PM) *

I wish I could find a shorter paper element. I know I have some new paper ones in one of my totes. Will look this weekend.

Let me know what you find. I picked up two different paper ones but the were to thick and would not sit in the channel. They measured .75" but need to be .625"
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 12:39 PM