Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Value of big-four motor
campbellcj
post Dec 31 2002, 10:00 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Other than blindly putting it up on ebay and seeing what happens, I'm wondering if anybody has advice or real-world examples of what big-four motors are worth.

I have a strong, pro-built 2.4 built on a GA case with 2L heads, JE pistons, Weber 44IDF's, yadayada. The details are on my web site HERE. I would be selling it complete -- Webers, header, Crane ignition, a turnkey setup.

The engine has under 10K miles on it and I have the original build papers/receipts. It is running in the car now and will be fully documented with pics and video.

I know the Weber 44's, Crane ignition, and stainless header are worth a decent amount alone. Any tips appreciated on what to ask for the whole rig. I have a potential local buyer who would pay immediate cash and save the big hassle of crating and shipping...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Brad Roberts
post Dec 31 2002, 10:37 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Two words: Dyno Pull

Pay the 60-80$ and do 2-3 chassis dyno pulls on it.

Numbers sell.

I have had a few bites in the 3500$ range for the engines I posted. One sold.. I still have one.

B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:53 PM