Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Value of big-four motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
Other than blindly putting it up on ebay and seeing what happens, I'm wondering if anybody has advice or real-world examples of what big-four motors are worth.

I have a strong, pro-built 2.4 built on a GA case with 2L heads, JE pistons, Weber 44IDF's, yadayada. The details are on my web site HERE. I would be selling it complete -- Webers, header, Crane ignition, a turnkey setup.

The engine has under 10K miles on it and I have the original build papers/receipts. It is running in the car now and will be fully documented with pics and video.

I know the Weber 44's, Crane ignition, and stainless header are worth a decent amount alone. Any tips appreciated on what to ask for the whole rig. I have a potential local buyer who would pay immediate cash and save the big hassle of crating and shipping...
Brad Roberts
Two words: Dyno Pull

Pay the 60-80$ and do 2-3 chassis dyno pulls on it.

Numbers sell.

I have had a few bites in the 3500$ range for the engines I posted. One sold.. I still have one.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.