Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BAHIA RED Owners and Other Paint Gurus, True Color
AvalonFal
post Jun 23 2022, 10:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,367
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Bought a can of BAHIA RED touch-up spray from 2 different suppliers - 1 from automotivetouchup & 1 from paintscratch - both supposedly L30E. One can had a slight orange tint to it while the other was a truer red. Anyone have any feel for the real Bahia Red color? I'm thinking it should be the more red color which more closely matches the car's present color (although it was repainted by a PO). Perhaps the one can was a bad mix. Any thoughts??

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jun 23 2022, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I think your gut is correct. Bahia Red is pretty much your standard red. The cars I have seen (including Brad Mayeur's very original example) don't really have any orange tint to them.
+Quote Post
nathanxnathan
post Jun 23 2022, 11:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,899
Region Association: Southern California

Someone on the forum linked this site the other day, which I thought was pretty cool to give a sense of actual colors. Doing the 914 visualizer I had such a hard time gauging the "actual" stock colors by photos online. I have a tangerine car and always thought before I got it that Tangerine was darker. I have an Adratic Blue car and you'd think it was lighter based on photos online. I think the resprayed versions of Adriatic are lighter and less true blue than the original.

Check out the assortment of pics in the gallery below on this page. It looks like Bahia red is quite red rather than orange, but in bright light there is a tinge of orange that comes through.

https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colors/BahiaRed
+Quote Post
914Next
post Jun 23 2022, 12:13 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Yup. Bahia is more a true red. I bought touch up from paintscratch and it was spot on.
+Quote Post
Conrad192
post Jul 19 2022, 08:56 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 24,154
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jun 23 2022, 11:26 AM) *

Bought a can of BAHIA RED touch-up spray from 2 different suppliers - 1 from automotivetouchup & 1 from paintscratch - both supposedly L30E. One can had a slight orange tint to it while the other was a truer red. Anyone have any feel for the real Bahia Red color? I'm thinking it should be the more red color which more closely matches the car's present color (although it was repainted by a PO). Perhaps the one can was a bad mix. Any thoughts??

Paul

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 04:04 PM