Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need some new meats or fender work, Tires Rub in the back
Jaiden
post Aug 4 2005, 08:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,443

So last night after some spirited driving I got really annoyed that when pushing the car the rear tires rub alot more than I thought that they would.

Out of nowhere there was a little Lift in the road and when I went over a nice load screech from the rubber hitting the fender.

The driver side has the lip rolled under (although the job isn't great it dented the fender slightly) but the passenger side is untouched.

I'm currently running a 195 60 R15 on what I believe to be on a 15 X 7 rim.
I'm not sure of the offset.
I was looking for some new tires but the sizing is tough to find since I want a good tire but don't want to go that much smaller.
What tire size would be 1 inch narrower that the current set up?

How hard is it to roll the lip or pull the fender without damaging the fender?

What's the process? Can I do it myself or will it crack my paint or damage the fender? I've heard of the "bat" trick but it sounds alittle risky

I eventually might go with mini flairs but I have to drive the car and don't want a blow out that might take out the fender.

What to do?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:23 PM