Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some new meats or fender work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
So last night after some spirited driving I got really annoyed that when pushing the car the rear tires rub alot more than I thought that they would.

Out of nowhere there was a little Lift in the road and when I went over a nice load screech from the rubber hitting the fender.

The driver side has the lip rolled under (although the job isn't great it dented the fender slightly) but the passenger side is untouched.

I'm currently running a 195 60 R15 on what I believe to be on a 15 X 7 rim.
I'm not sure of the offset.
I was looking for some new tires but the sizing is tough to find since I want a good tire but don't want to go that much smaller.
What tire size would be 1 inch narrower that the current set up?

How hard is it to roll the lip or pull the fender without damaging the fender?

What's the process? Can I do it myself or will it crack my paint or damage the fender? I've heard of the "bat" trick but it sounds alittle risky

I eventually might go with mini flairs but I have to drive the car and don't want a blow out that might take out the fender.

What to do?

Joe Bob
195s shouldn't do that...what wheels are you running? Sounds like you may have Riveiras or somthing that has a VW offset.
Jaiden
Here are the rims. It very well could be the offset but I would hate to have to get new rims.

Joe Bob
Yeah...VW wheels....with a Porsche sticker... dry.gif

Get the right wheels and you can run 205s in most cases...
Mueller
and those should be 5.5" wide.......
Jaiden
What offset should I get and the bolt spacing is 100mm x 4 right?
Joe Bob
4x130

Fuchs, Pedrini and Mahles....for alloys.

The stripped down version came with steel wheels.

Bet if you called High Performance House, Rich could set ya up.
Mueller
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Aug 4 2005, 08:28 AM)
What offset should I get and the bolt spacing is 100mm x 4 right?

we wish it was a common bolt pattern wacko.gif

your choices are pretty limited, I'd stick with rims that came on the 914 from the factory, they are 15*5.5, but the offset is correct for a 914.

Mahles, Pedrinis and of course the Fuchs

If you can find Panasports or Revolutions, the sizes are normally 15x6 and 15x7 and "should" be the correct offset if the person ordered them correctly.

I'm running 17*7 w/205's under bone stock (fender lip not rolled) fenders.....35mm offset Revolutions
rhodyguy
agree.gif . if you like the 8-spoke look get some panasports or minilights, with the proper backspacing. i cringe when folks want to do thousands of dollars worth of body mod's to fix ,undo, so they can run vw wheels that are worth $150 a set (used). or buy some 165/15 tires.

k
Jaiden
OK I'll have to add new wheels to the budget and start searching the classifieds, swap meets and Evilbay!

Man the projects keep adding up!
Mueller
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Aug 4 2005, 08:42 AM)
OK I'll have to add new wheels to the budget and start searching the classifieds, swap meets and Evilbay!

Man the projects keep adding up!

you could add these to your budget :
911 vented rotor hubs for 4 lug cars..not cheap, but you only have to buy 'em once smile.gif
Jaiden
Any place where I can get 2 cheap steelies to hold me over so I don't destroy the tires that I have?

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.