Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Throttle Pedal Issue, The Case of the Crunchy Gas Pedal
Conrad192
post Jul 25 2022, 10:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,154
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Pressing the gas pedal 1/4 way down, it has a "crunch" feel, and requires a lot more pressure. Pushing further it sudden becomes softer and the pedal suddenly goes way down. The lack of "fine control" is quite frustrating.

I found two issues. The PO had "fixed" the worn out pedal by bolting in a piece of hinge from the local hardware. That's sort of ok, except that he installed the pedal at 90 degrees from the floor. This placed the connecting rod to the bell crank at a excessive angle, creating an excessive side load on the bell crank arm. Ultimately cracked the arm's spot weld. That allowed the lever to be pushed even further to the right creating the binding.

A new pedal from AA and a little welding cured that issue.

As I was reinstalling the pedal cluster, I noticed that the clutch lever was worn almost completely thru. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) so I ground a nut to the size of the worn hold, pressed it in and then tack welded it place. Apparently due to my limited mental facilities, I didn't think to drill the nut BEFORE welding it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) and turning it into case hardened steel.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Conrad192   Throttle Pedal Issue   Jul 25 2022, 10:15 AM
914Sixer   URO is making new pedal shafts now. Not sure abou...   Jul 25 2022, 08:19 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:19 PM