Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Pedal Issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Conrad192
dry.gif Pressing the gas pedal 1/4 way down, it has a "crunch" feel, and requires a lot more pressure. Pushing further it sudden becomes softer and the pedal suddenly goes way down. The lack of "fine control" is quite frustrating.

I found two issues. The PO had "fixed" the worn out pedal by bolting in a piece of hinge from the local hardware. That's sort of ok, except that he installed the pedal at 90 degrees from the floor. This placed the connecting rod to the bell crank at a excessive angle, creating an excessive side load on the bell crank arm. Ultimately cracked the arm's spot weld. That allowed the lever to be pushed even further to the right creating the binding.

A new pedal from AA and a little welding cured that issue.

As I was reinstalling the pedal cluster, I noticed that the clutch lever was worn almost completely thru. sad.gif so I ground a nut to the size of the worn hold, pressed it in and then tack welded it place. Apparently due to my limited mental facilities, I didn't think to drill the nut BEFORE welding it welder.gif and turning it into case hardened steel.
914Sixer
URO is making new pedal shafts now. Not sure about bellcrank .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.