Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> re-wiring fears, any helpers in san jose area
seanf123
post Aug 5 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,384

i'm doing a v-8 conversion, and i want to know if there are any local 914 fans who can help me out re wiring. i'm adding some aftermarket guages for the water temp, along with some other misc. ones. i also need help with the wires that goto the seat belt light and defrost. thinking i'll just cap them off, not using them. any help would be greatly app.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Aug 5 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #2

neo life

Member No.: 159

Sean,

PM me your number, I may be able to help you...

Use this forum, just ask specific questions. Tell us more about your conversion, parts, history. There are quite a bit of folks who have done conversions, see the list in my signature. Roger Grubb, lybones, 914GT, myself are a few currently building a V8.

And of course, Welcome to the "garage"! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
John2kx
post Aug 5 2005, 04:48 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,066

Sean,

FYI, Renegade sells a harness that makes wiring the engine bay easy. Basically, it comes with a 14 pin connector that plugs into "brain" in engine bay and provides necessary wiring for starter, alternator, oil pressure, water temp, a/c etc..

Harness is designed to be part of engine while out of car and really makes the electrical part of installation easy during engine install/removal. Once engine is installed to chassis, you connect the 14 pin connector, connect ground strap at rear of transaxle and your done.

John
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 07:13 AM