Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: re-wiring fears
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanf123
i'm doing a v-8 conversion, and i want to know if there are any local 914 fans who can help me out re wiring. i'm adding some aftermarket guages for the water temp, along with some other misc. ones. i also need help with the wires that goto the seat belt light and defrost. thinking i'll just cap them off, not using them. any help would be greatly app.
neo914-6
Sean,

PM me your number, I may be able to help you...

Use this forum, just ask specific questions. Tell us more about your conversion, parts, history. There are quite a bit of folks who have done conversions, see the list in my signature. Roger Grubb, lybones, 914GT, myself are a few currently building a V8.

And of course, Welcome to the "garage"! smilie_pokal.gif
John2kx
Sean,

FYI, Renegade sells a harness that makes wiring the engine bay easy. Basically, it comes with a 14 pin connector that plugs into "brain" in engine bay and provides necessary wiring for starter, alternator, oil pressure, water temp, a/c etc..

Harness is designed to be part of engine while out of car and really makes the electrical part of installation easy during engine install/removal. Once engine is installed to chassis, you connect the 14 pin connector, connect ground strap at rear of transaxle and your done.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.