Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stainless steel heat exchangers and mufflers, Who makes the best?
CLTAMT
post Jul 28 2022, 08:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,521
Region Association: South East States

Hi folks,

I've been trolling the forum trying to read up on exhaust systems and quite frankly my eyeballs have crossed. I'll readily admit I have the attention span of a gnat! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

I recently purchased a '76 2.0L with the California emission system which is VERY restrictive and not required in my state. Or the air injection pump. I have no doubt a German engineer was trying to get even with us when he designed that system. All I can say is - DAMN!

I want to replace the restricted single-pass heat exchangers with good quality SS duals and a good SS single outlet muffler that exits in the stock location.

I'm looking at the SSI brand for earlier 2.0L motors. Is that the best available for the 914 2.0L? If so where is the best place to purchase them? I'm seeing them online from $1800 to $2600+. I'm assuming the early style will bolt right up to my '76?

As far as a good single outlet SS muffler, what are you guys running? I would like to have a good quality muffler that is as free flowing as possible without rattling my teeth - or sounding like the
neighbors' kid's Honda Del sol with it's "brapp-brapp" fart-can muffler. On the other hand I don't want it whistling like my old VW beetle either. A nice throaty sound would make my 63 year old ears very happy!

What do you 914 experts recommend?

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:23 PM