Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> cruising hesitation
brant
post Oct 12 2023, 03:44 PM
Post #21

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

But he also s water cooled so the motor rpm’s are not important for cooling
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rjames
post Oct 12 2023, 03:51 PM
Post #22

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

True, but it's lugging the engine quite a bit if he's cruising at 2K RPM which would increase temps. Should still be 3K or over. Any increase in throttle at 2k RPMs while doing 50 MPH would induce some hesitation.
+Quote Post
prrt1
post Oct 13 2023, 01:40 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 26,774
Region Association: North East States

I know cutting wires is not a good idea. It is one of the two wires feeding the comb contacts in the TPS (wire 9 in my BMW) so it’s half of the “accelerator pump” now out of the circuit. The huge problem of severe bucking ( occurring when upshifting between 1st and 2nd) and the minor hiccups when cruising (that’s about 2-2.5K rpm) have both disappeared with the wire cut. Very little decrease in acceleration ability. I know it’s weird, but it works. I’ve tried adjusting the TPS (new PC board) per D-jetronic and that didn’t work. I figure most of the info the ECU needs to know about fueling the engine is coming from the MAP, the TPS is sort of a fine-tune, and the cut wire may be eroding my fuel mileage, but that isn’t a real concern. After a couple hundred miles or sooner I’ll pull the plugs and check for mixture problems.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 04:10 PM