Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> HO Recall Applicability to 914-6
DennisV
post Aug 25 2022, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,575
Region Association: Northern California

Does the Porsche HO recall campaign not apply to 914-6? The document I found on Bowlsby's Recall page only references 914-4.

So assuming Porsche didn't just overlook the 914-6, can someone clarify why it doesn't get included? Best I can tell from looking at the parts catalog, the battery setup was the same between 914-4 and 914-6.

Also, I read a lot about getting away from the cloth fuel hoses. Was that a Porsche mandate or part number change? I see that the HO campaign said replace the fuel hoses (presumably because the integrity of the existing was hard to judge). I don't see where they condemn the cloth hoses.

I'm not questioning anyone's expertise or recommendations. I'm just trying to understand this a little better, as when I search for 914-6 part numbers I still see braided hose being sold.

Thank you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:43 PM