Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HO Recall Applicability to 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisV
Does the Porsche HO recall campaign not apply to 914-6? The document I found on Bowlsby's Recall page only references 914-4.

So assuming Porsche didn't just overlook the 914-6, can someone clarify why it doesn't get included? Best I can tell from looking at the parts catalog, the battery setup was the same between 914-4 and 914-6.

Also, I read a lot about getting away from the cloth fuel hoses. Was that a Porsche mandate or part number change? I see that the HO campaign said replace the fuel hoses (presumably because the integrity of the existing was hard to judge). I don't see where they condemn the cloth hoses.

I'm not questioning anyone's expertise or recommendations. I'm just trying to understand this a little better, as when I search for 914-6 part numbers I still see braided hose being sold.

Thank you.
Superhawk996
My best guess

914/4 is fuel injection with high pressure fuel lines.

914/6 was carbureted with low pressure (3-5 psi) fuel supply.
brant
The plastic lines were probably still good at the time the recall came for the soft lines.

As a maintenance item I like to replace my soft lines after 5-7 years

But after 50 years, the plastic lines are definitely due for replacement.

CFR ( chris foley racing) makes a kit now for the SS lines
Making your own is also not bad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.