Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paint Matching Parts - Black, An exercise in finding close matching black coatings
DennisV
post Sep 12 2022, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,575
Region Association: Northern California

I don't know if anyone has made an effort to do much paint matching of parts, but I took some time over the weekend to see what powder coat and spray can offerings would be good matches for black in the engine bay. Tried several different brands, shades, and sheens. Viewed in different lighting conditions.

Long story short, I landed on Prismatic Powders Card Black for powder coat. Dupli-color Semi-Gloss Black Engine Enamel with Ceramic DE1635 is a decent spray can match for things you can’t powder coat (e.g. starter motors).

For those interested in the minutia / madness, you can see the tests on my blog. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) One example below:

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:47 AM