Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pull a Trailer - Porsche Road Trip, Interstate 40 across the US
DennisV
post Sep 14 2022, 08:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,575
Region Association: Northern California

I'll soon be trailering our 356 chassis to my home garage so that I can work on it in earnest. Our route will be from Missouri to California, mainly along interstate 40. We'll be stopping at Ollies and California Motorsports (CMS) in Lake Havasu City to drop off our 914-6 engine and transmission.

Any Porsche stops, or even general cool car stuff, along the way we should make a point to see? I guess we'll go right by Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo. That's about all I'm seeing that isn't a major detour. Our route doesn't take us through LA (i.e. Petersen Automotive Museum).

Any safety or sanity suggestions for driving a box truck and trailer half way across the country welcome as well. Done it a couple times. Can't say it's ever been what I'd call fun. Will have a good co-pilot, so that will help.
Attached Image

"Pull a Trailer" and PaT are trademarks of DennisV. All rights reserved. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:05 PM