Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another 3200 miles, Overcrest Rally '22 trip report
Optimusglen
post Sep 14 2022, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,709
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The trip has come and gone and as promised here is a trip report. It was, in a word, wonderful.

My report for last year's OC Rally is here if you're interested, it sets the stage a bit for my, my car, the rally, etc.

Of course, my build thread here with some updates and fixes before I left.

After the success of last year's OC Rally, I was excited to find out what they had in store for this year. It had all the ingredients of a great time: the spirit of adventure, a limited group size, non-snobbery of driver/vehicle selection, and time spent with friends old and new.

The location shifted north, and was now in early September to better avoid potential snow or cold weather. Our starting point: Challis Idaho.

(IMG:https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52357006082_a01667f397_b.jpg)

Just like last year, getting to the start was a battle of it's own. Sure, the car was "proven" now, 3400 miles to Utah was likely to work out most of the bugs, but there were some things I had done in the interim, and old cars are always a mystery it seems.

Now, my schedule the week before was a little hairy too. That Tuesday was my daughter's first day of kindergarten and I wasn't about to miss getting her off the bus. So Tuesday evening I hit the road. Destination: the middle of nowhere North Dakota.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 22)
skota23
post Dec 27 2022, 03:31 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 26,993
Region Association: Upper MidWest

What a great trip and thanks for sharing! So nice to see a care getting driven, inspiring stuff
+Quote Post
76-914
post Dec 28 2022, 03:13 PM
Post #22

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Well I'm late to the party. Not sure how I missed this. Probably because I was at WCR22. Sure looks like fun but more importantly was the adventure. Groups going about in different directions yet banding together to help one another. I must say that it was nice to see other, newer cars breaking down while the 914 provided reliable transportation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Dec 28 2022, 03:32 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Sep 15 2022, 08:37 AM) *

Wednesday, September 7th

The next morning I called a few tire places ahead of me on my route. My tire size isn't rare, but fairly uncommon. Fortunately, I found a place near my stop for the following night, made an appointment, then hit the road. This time keeping a closer eye, I didn't need another flat..

Cool trip must have fun,by chance did you record fuel consumption and how did your oil temps hold out with the hot days ?.
Have the same engine and would be interested to know,cheers.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:30 AM