Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 911 GAUGE CLUSTER IN 914
JLance67
post Sep 17 2022, 08:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,766
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hi, I have a 914 with the 911 cluster and sb 350 conversion. What is the top red light in the oil/temp gauge that has a B in a circle for? It was blinking. This was after driving and noticed my brakes were acting like my calipers were sticking. When I got where I was going the brakes acted fully applied and it wouldn't roll at all like the emergency brake was applied but don't even have one. I did recently replace the master cylinder and have a full pedal. After a bit it will roll freely again. Thanks for any advice!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
theer
post Sep 20 2022, 08:45 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,014
Region Association: North East States

This should be posted in the Garage section...

Red "B" light is the Brake warning light, it blinks for 2 main reasons (in a stock setup):
- The handbrake is engaged, or at least the switch is open. Are you sure you don't have an e-brake? It's on the left side of the driver seat.
- low pressure in the MC activated the safety switch. After you bleed the brakes, you often have to reset the switch to make the light stop blinking (or the switch is bad).

Hope that helps

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 07:02 PM