Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 GAUGE CLUSTER IN 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
JLance67
Hi, I have a 914 with the 911 cluster and sb 350 conversion. What is the top red light in the oil/temp gauge that has a B in a circle for? It was blinking. This was after driving and noticed my brakes were acting like my calipers were sticking. When I got where I was going the brakes acted fully applied and it wouldn't roll at all like the emergency brake was applied but don't even have one. I did recently replace the master cylinder and have a full pedal. After a bit it will roll freely again. Thanks for any advice!
theer
This should be posted in the Garage section...

Red "B" light is the Brake warning light, it blinks for 2 main reasons (in a stock setup):
- The handbrake is engaged, or at least the switch is open. Are you sure you don't have an e-brake? It's on the left side of the driver seat.
- low pressure in the MC activated the safety switch. After you bleed the brakes, you often have to reset the switch to make the light stop blinking (or the switch is bad).

Hope that helps

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.