Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> help with oil leak, 2056 build
Al Meredith
post Oct 23 2022, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,061

I found my problem ! MY FAULT the thin aluminum gasket between the case and the cylinder was bent over and not sealing. I discovered the seal when I remover the cylinder . Everything good now, ran up the engine for 15 minutes and perfectly dry. My apologies to AA the cylinder was fine . The reason I was looking for something else is the fact that I have built dozens of ty4 over 30 years and never had this issue. MY BAD.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
Superhawk996
post Oct 23 2022, 11:23 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Thanks for closing out that oil leak thread. We’ve all been there and your posting will be a lesson to us all. Not only about how the littlest details matter but also the wisdom of doing initial start and cam break in on the test stand.

What a PITA it would be to install into the car and then have to pull the engine. Been there done that!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Oct 23 2022, 12:55 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Oct 23 2022, 10:46 AM) *

I found my problem ! MY FAULT the thin aluminum gasket between the case and the cylinder was bent over and not sealing. I discovered the seal when I remover the cylinder . Everything good now, ran up the engine for 15 minutes and perfectly dry. My apologies to AA the cylinder was fine . The reason I was looking for something else is the fact that I have built dozens of ty4 over 30 years and never had this issue. MY BAD.

Victory (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Thanks for letting us know your outcome
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:51 PM