Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help with oil leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Al Meredith
I found my problem ! MY FAULT the thin aluminum gasket between the case and the cylinder was bent over and not sealing. I discovered the seal when I remover the cylinder . Everything good now, ran up the engine for 15 minutes and perfectly dry. My apologies to AA the cylinder was fine . The reason I was looking for something else is the fact that I have built dozens of ty4 over 30 years and never had this issue. MY BAD.
Superhawk996
aktion035.gif

Thanks for closing out that oil leak thread. We’ve all been there and your posting will be a lesson to us all. Not only about how the littlest details matter but also the wisdom of doing initial start and cam break in on the test stand.

What a PITA it would be to install into the car and then have to pull the engine. Been there done that!
930cabman
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Oct 23 2022, 10:46 AM) *

I found my problem ! MY FAULT the thin aluminum gasket between the case and the cylinder was bent over and not sealing. I discovered the seal when I remover the cylinder . Everything good now, ran up the engine for 15 minutes and perfectly dry. My apologies to AA the cylinder was fine . The reason I was looking for something else is the fact that I have built dozens of ty4 over 30 years and never had this issue. MY BAD.

Victory beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Thanks for letting us know your outcome
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.