Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm a sucker for rust! New package deal on 2 914's and New Member, Rebuilding two rollers
LouCity914
post Nov 2 2022, 01:11 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,950
Region Association: None

QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 2 2022, 01:04 PM) *

QUOTE(LouCity914 @ Nov 2 2022, 07:14 AM) *

Is it wrong that I actually love the challenge?

Probably, but I share your disease. I'd much rather save a basket case than buy something in great condition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

Carry on! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

That's what I've always said. Saving one gives much, more pleasure. I've always had to wrench, grind, weld and build. I'm way to poor to do anything else.

Saved a 73 MGB recently and she loves me for it... she tells me every day I drive her!!!

People with the money can buy what they want (no disrespect). Poor builders have to imagine what a car could be. Big difference.

Cheers,

Todd
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LouCity914
post Nov 2 2022, 01:18 PM
Post #42

[quote name='KELTY360' date='Nov 2 2022, 01:04 PM' post='3039208']
[/quote]
Understood. I don't mind the work as it keeps me sane.
[/quote]

Let me get this straight; You 'graduated' from rusty MGBs to rusty 914s and you expect us to believe you're sane?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to buy a boat from you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

BTW, around here, sanity isn't a requirement.
[/quote]

I never mentioned sanity - I'm bat shit crazy. Who has an unfinished 67 MGB MK1 on a rotisserie and has to move it over to make room for the rusty Porsche 914?

I daily drive a 73 B every chance I get (year round). That's the opposite of sane. I have a new Toyota Tacoma and I'd rather drive a roadster with no heat or AC! I need that smell in the morning with my coffee to wake me up!!!

I think I found my crowd!!!

Cheers,

+Quote Post
mb911
post Nov 3 2022, 07:31 AM
Post #43

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

[quote name='LouCity914' date='Nov 2 2022, 11:18 AM' post='3039214']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Let me get this straight; You 'graduated' from rusty MGBs to rusty 914s and you expect us to believe you're sane?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to buy a boat from you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

[/quote]

I never mentioned sanity - I'm bat shit crazy. Who has an unfinished 67 MGB MK1 on a rotisserie and has to move it over to make room for the rusty Porsche 914?

I daily drive a 73 B every chance I get (year round). That's the opposite of sane. I have a new Toyota Tacoma and I'd rather drive a roadster with no heat or AC! I need that smell in the morning with my coffee to wake me up!!!

Cheers,
[/quote]

That is awesome. I try to be that way as much as I can as well. inspirational shot of my carAttached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
LouCity914
post Nov 4 2022, 07:01 AM
Post #44

[quote name='mb911' date='Nov 3 2022, 07:31 AM' post='3039372']
[quote name='LouCity914' date='Nov 2 2022, 11:18 AM' post='3039214']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers,
[/quote]

That is awesome. I try to be that way as much as I can as well. inspirational shot of my carAttached Image Attached Image
[/quote]

Thanks for the inspiration! Good looking 14! I’ll be at it awhile for sure - but it beats not having a 914 (or two lol) to save!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:13 PM