Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can someone identify this, a plug from the interior wiring harness
DRPHIL914
post Dec 7 2022, 01:27 PM
Post #21

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Dec 6 2022, 04:32 PM) *

That solves a mystery, thank you. I have only ever seen the 75-76 chassis harnesses with the wiring for both the EGR/CAT systems thinking I only been able to acquire the CA-model versions, but yet knew that the cars were equipped differently for CA and 49-state markets, so there was the possibility of two different harnesses.

Your confirmed 49-state market car with that oriignal harness which has both the EGR/CAT branches (just not used) means that there is only one type of 75-76 chassis harness for both markets. They just did not mount the equipment for the 49-state cars that was needed on the CA-model cars.

Thanks.

Anyone who finds a 1975-76 chassis harness without the EGR/CAT connections please let me know.

@JeffBowlsby

Jeff, my '75 2.0 has the plugs as well but no equipment, the car was ordered and delivered to the Dublin Ohio Porsche Audi dealer per the paperwork included with purchase from the #3 owner . the car spent 20+ years in CA going from Ohio to Indiana and then with a military member to 29 palms CA , then came east to NC/SC area . also removed by the time i got it was all the smog equipment. anyway, looks like probably one harness for all cars, and they installed the equipment for the CA cars only.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Dec 7 2022, 02:44 PM
Post #22

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) Thanks DrPhil
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 03:35 PM