Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Barn find finally gets started, '74 conversion starts after 6 year delay
pgollender
post Dec 20 2022, 12:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,281
Region Association: Northern California

Well the wife's honey do projects seem to have been satisfied for now. I found this little gem under 3 layers of plastic tarp behind a barn in Loomis. The owner had painted it 5 years before with the intent of restoring it, power built the motor, sold it separately. I picked it up for a nickel. Towed it to my mother's garage and now finally have some time to convert it. It's on the spit now. I've got new floorboards and lower rear firewall from Restorage Designs to R&R the rust, which is actually very minimal. The donor was a 1999 1.8T DWC 5 speed Passat wagon. I salvaged everything out of it including the entire electric harness front to back. The 1.8 is on the stand almost all disassembled then out to the speed shop for cleaning and lower half rebuild. I finally have some momentum and will post my progress as I go.Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Dec 20 2022, 11:01 AM
Post #2

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) There is always room for another H20 conversion. Welcome to the Dark Side. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 04:27 PM