Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barn find finally gets started
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pgollender
Well the wife's honey do projects seem to have been satisfied for now. I found this little gem under 3 layers of plastic tarp behind a barn in Loomis. The owner had painted it 5 years before with the intent of restoring it, power built the motor, sold it separately. I picked it up for a nickel. Towed it to my mother's garage and now finally have some time to convert it. It's on the spit now. I've got new floorboards and lower rear firewall from Restorage Designs to R&R the rust, which is actually very minimal. The donor was a 1999 1.8T DWC 5 speed Passat wagon. I salvaged everything out of it including the entire electric harness front to back. The 1.8 is on the stand almost all disassembled then out to the speed shop for cleaning and lower half rebuild. I finally have some momentum and will post my progress as I go.Click to view attachment
76-914
piratenanner.gif There is always room for another H20 conversion. Welcome to the Dark Side. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.