Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 1974 freshly chromed bumpers, rechromed bumpers for backdate
jim dorociak
post Jan 14 2023, 05:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,966
Region Association: Southern California

SOLD!! SOLD!! SOLD!!

I just got back F & R bumpers from chrome shop. The tit holes were welded up. $850 each plus shipping and if paying with PayPal any additional fees. jdorociak@gmail.com
Jim. email me for pictures

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim dorociak
post Jan 14 2023, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,966
Region Association: Southern California

Guys - for your consideration.

Here is the story on the bumpers - it appears the front is a 73/74 as it had the holes for the tits.
The rear was earlier because there were no holes for tits.

I restore 3 piece Porsche Speedline wheels for Porsche friends and I use a polishing shop in Oxnard. I had them send them out to be straightened, holes welded up and rechromed. It took two tries to get to these results. I do not think they are exactly concours level worki, but pretty nice and the best they could do. These were slated for a 75 conversion I was working on and then ran across a six chassis and decided to restore the six. Sob story I know - I got a good front bumper off the six and found a early 914-6 rear bumper to restore so I am just moving money around to get the next two done. I just took pictures, but did not unwrap them and I noticed they did something I did not request. They welded the hole up for the tow eye to be screwed - probably not an issue, but you need to know. I guess it could be drilled open but why would anybody go to all that effort. In all my years never used that tow rig anyway.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 15 2023, 09:36 AM
Post #3

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

If I ever have my rear bumper re-done, I have considered removing the tow hook hole. If I were selling these, I would unwrap them to take pictures so potential buyers could see the quality of the finish work. I know it's a bit of a pain, but well worth it. GLWTS. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
aturboman
post Jan 15 2023, 10:17 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,687
Region Association: None

FWIW I have seen this set of bumpers in person and they are vey nice driver quality. For the amount of effort that went into them its a good deal.
+Quote Post
Long_ago
post Jan 16 2023, 01:04 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 25,541
Region Association: Central California

Jim
I sent you a PM.
Thanks,
HB
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 10:39 PM