Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1974 freshly chromed bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jim dorociak
SOLD!! SOLD!! SOLD!!

I just got back F & R bumpers from chrome shop. The tit holes were welded up. $850 each plus shipping and if paying with PayPal any additional fees. jdorociak@gmail.com
Jim. email me for pictures

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
jim dorociak

Guys - for your consideration.

Here is the story on the bumpers - it appears the front is a 73/74 as it had the holes for the tits.
The rear was earlier because there were no holes for tits.

I restore 3 piece Porsche Speedline wheels for Porsche friends and I use a polishing shop in Oxnard. I had them send them out to be straightened, holes welded up and rechromed. It took two tries to get to these results. I do not think they are exactly concours level worki, but pretty nice and the best they could do. These were slated for a 75 conversion I was working on and then ran across a six chassis and decided to restore the six. Sob story I know - I got a good front bumper off the six and found a early 914-6 rear bumper to restore so I am just moving money around to get the next two done. I just took pictures, but did not unwrap them and I noticed they did something I did not request. They welded the hole up for the tow eye to be screwed - probably not an issue, but you need to know. I guess it could be drilled open but why would anybody go to all that effort. In all my years never used that tow rig anyway.
Cairo94507
If I ever have my rear bumper re-done, I have considered removing the tow hook hole. If I were selling these, I would unwrap them to take pictures so potential buyers could see the quality of the finish work. I know it's a bit of a pain, but well worth it. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
aturboman
FWIW I have seen this set of bumpers in person and they are vey nice driver quality. For the amount of effort that went into them its a good deal.
Long_ago
Jim
I sent you a PM.
Thanks,
HB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.