Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reverse light switch location
ronan
post Jan 18 2023, 02:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,051
Region Association: Central California

Where is the switch that turns off the reverse light? It’s the last thing that I need to have to get my car ready for restoring its salvage title. Do I need the reverse lights to pass the tier 3 examination in AZ? I have all other lights working but the reverse lights get no signal from whatever is supposed to turn them on, but they do work.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mjrrti
post Jan 18 2023, 02:51 PM
Post #2

High Desert Member

Member No.: 16,959
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(ronan @ Jan 18 2023, 12:44 PM) *

Where is the switch that turns off the reverse light? It’s the last thing that I need to have to get my car ready for restoring its salvage title. Do I need the reverse lights to pass the tier 3 examination in AZ? I have all other lights working but the reverse lights get no signal from whatever is supposed to turn them on, but they do work.

It's on the transmission drivers side behind the axle, should have 2 wires going to it that come out of the harness that also goes to the starter.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jan 18 2023, 09:47 PM
Post #3

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Test it by connecting the two terminals with the ignition on. The back up lights should come on. If they do not check the wires for power. One should have power. The switch is about $80. It does not often go bad. It has a pin that pushes into it to close the circuit. The pin can get worn down. And check the bulbs and sockets in the light housings.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 02:32 PM