Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reverse light switch location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ronan
Where is the switch that turns off the reverse light? It’s the last thing that I need to have to get my car ready for restoring its salvage title. Do I need the reverse lights to pass the tier 3 examination in AZ? I have all other lights working but the reverse lights get no signal from whatever is supposed to turn them on, but they do work.
mjrrti
QUOTE(ronan @ Jan 18 2023, 12:44 PM) *

Where is the switch that turns off the reverse light? It’s the last thing that I need to have to get my car ready for restoring its salvage title. Do I need the reverse lights to pass the tier 3 examination in AZ? I have all other lights working but the reverse lights get no signal from whatever is supposed to turn them on, but they do work.

It's on the transmission drivers side behind the axle, should have 2 wires going to it that come out of the harness that also goes to the starter.
bdstone914
Test it by connecting the two terminals with the ignition on. The back up lights should come on. If they do not check the wires for power. One should have power. The switch is about $80. It does not often go bad. It has a pin that pushes into it to close the circuit. The pin can get worn down. And check the bulbs and sockets in the light housings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.