Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gas Tank, After Market tanks
Motosan
post Feb 10 2023, 11:42 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,919
Region Association: Southern California

Just installed a new Dansk and everything fit well and lined up.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Van B
post Feb 10 2023, 11:47 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 26,011
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Motosan @ Feb 10 2023, 12:42 PM) *

Just installed a new Dansk and everything fit well and lined up.

I bet you don't have a 74 1.8...
+Quote Post
Van B
post Feb 10 2023, 11:49 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 26,011
Region Association: None

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Feb 10 2023, 03:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Feb 9 2023, 05:09 PM) *

There is definitely an in between version on these tanks. I got my late model tank in today from SMC and it isn’t right. The tabs for the expansion tank are wrong. This tank has one tab in the middle but nothing on the passenger side. My tank has no evap mount just like my replacement, but I have two vertical tabs for the expansion tank

Then of course there is the early with the evap mount on the drivers side.

The deal I got on this tank though is enough to make me not care. I have no problem cutting the tabs off the old tank and moving them over.

yep
that whole fuel tank evolution thing just slipped right by the wicket keeper in the PET catalogue and henceforth down at the dansk factory? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

we all have the mystery fuel tank. classic. rare. etc. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

they just conveniently re-wrote their own history as if they went plastic on the expansion tank and VW on the cannister plumbing at the start of 74 MY.
but we know the germans got a bit out of order and a bit out of line despite their perfect panzer tank mentality. ordnung uber alles - yeah sure! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

we know the EPA were ripping them a new ar#eho$e in mid 73 and really working em over down there in VW-ville.

thats why the 1.8 is a classic mate.
001 on the AFM and lots of technological evolutionary chaos.
74. collect em. LOL

the '74 1.8 was definitely an important step for Porsche and VW, but certainly forgotten in far too many aspects.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:01 PM