Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> STUCK but good, engine bay release cable
alphacrimedog
post Jul 26 2003, 12:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 868

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge6.gif) My engine bay release cable is stuck but good. I ordered a replacement cable and noticed the cable is plastic coated. I can only imagine that over time, the original cable has shed its plastic sheath and becobe hopelessly rusted to the metal cable housing that leads to the engine bay latch. I have been squirting PB Blast into the metal cable housing in a vain attempt to get the sucker to work loose. I have pulled and pulkled on the release knob on the drivers side rear bulkhead but it wont move. Any suggestions before I remove the knob, disconnect the cable from the latch and with a pair of vicegrips, start pulling for all I'm worth? I have been looking for some kind of very thin hollow tubing that I can insert into the cable housing and spray the PB Blast farther down the housing. I cant seem to get it past that first bemd.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
alphacrimedog
post Jul 26 2003, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 868

Its late. My typing is awful. What I meant to say is I cannot get the PB Blast squirted down the metal engine bay cable housing past the first bend in the tube. I figure if I can get it that far, gravity will do the rest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge6.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:59 PM