Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: STUCK but good
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alphacrimedog
smilie_flagge6.gif My engine bay release cable is stuck but good. I ordered a replacement cable and noticed the cable is plastic coated. I can only imagine that over time, the original cable has shed its plastic sheath and becobe hopelessly rusted to the metal cable housing that leads to the engine bay latch. I have been squirting PB Blast into the metal cable housing in a vain attempt to get the sucker to work loose. I have pulled and pulkled on the release knob on the drivers side rear bulkhead but it wont move. Any suggestions before I remove the knob, disconnect the cable from the latch and with a pair of vicegrips, start pulling for all I'm worth? I have been looking for some kind of very thin hollow tubing that I can insert into the cable housing and spray the PB Blast farther down the housing. I cant seem to get it past that first bemd.
alphacrimedog
Its late. My typing is awful. What I meant to say is I cannot get the PB Blast squirted down the metal engine bay cable housing past the first bend in the tube. I figure if I can get it that far, gravity will do the rest. smilie_flagge6.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.