Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.0 Cylinder Head Volume - 62cc Normal?
DBF
post Feb 23 2023, 06:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,865
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Is 62 cc the expected volume in a rebuilt head with a light fly-cut?

I'm getting to work on the engine rebuild for my 74 Bumblebee. I got the heads back from the machine shop, and they look great, but experience with VW Type 1 engines tells me to double check everything. I found all four "heads" had a volume of 62cc, each checked three times. I even bought new medical grade equipment rather than use the old stuff I use to use on VW bugs. While it is reassuring that all heads are the equal, I was surprised that the volume was 62cc. I though stock 2.0 heads had a volume of 60cc, so wondering why mine measures 62cc, especially with the light fly-cut.

Is my new measuring equipment faulty or is my recollection of head volume faulty? My age is older than the head volume number so memory might be the culprit!

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:54 AM