Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rear trunk hinge pivot
East coaster
post Mar 1 2023, 07:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 487
Region Association: None

I tried searching but alas……does anyone have measurements/reference for placement of replacement rear trunk hinge pivots? I’ve got 2 new repo hinge pivots to weld in but the previous pivots were such a mess I don’t really have any references.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bucci
post Mar 1 2023, 11:00 PM
Post #2

Bucci

Member No.: 9,407
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(East coaster @ Mar 1 2023, 05:44 PM) *

I tried searching but alas……does anyone have measurements/reference for placement of replacement rear trunk hinge pivots? I’ve got 2 new repo hinge pivots to weld in but the previous pivots were such a mess I don’t really have any references.

I’ve always installed a brand new trunk bulb seal and bolt on the pivot hinge after drilling a hole through the bracket and temporarily screwed in place. Either spot weld or stitch weld, depending on strength versus factory spot weld look. Be sure to spray, zinc Weld through before starting the welding process.
The hard part about this process is your engine is probably installed and you end up having to weld upside down.

+Quote Post
East coaster
post Mar 2 2023, 08:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 487
Region Association: None

Posted this in the wrong place. Admin please remove.
+Quote Post
Literati914
post Mar 2 2023, 08:45 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

I went thru this recently too, but the engine was out of my car so I was able to mount the trunk lid and hinges, and work from inside the engine compartment making the bracket placement obvious.

If that’s not your situation, I bet you could make a template out of card stock, from the side that is still firmly mounted….where the edges of the template butt up against the top edge and rear edge of the general area and a “cut out” where it’s pivot bracket goes - then invert the template you’ve made to determine exact placement on the other side of the engine compartment. Apologies for the over explanation.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:38 PM