Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Air Conditioned Oil Cooler, anyone seen one?
Mueller
post Aug 12 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #41

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE (bd1308 @ Aug 12 2005, 11:55 AM)
just weren't made to last....

look at how many there were, compared to how many there are now.

no car is "designed" to last forever, it wasn't until 20 years ago that the manufactures decided that it's good practice to make the cars last a "little" longer than previously........if made bullet proof, the market for new cars would get stale
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Aug 12 2005, 01:09 PM
Post #42

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

i realize that....

actually i dont think the new car market would get stale if cars lasted forever......

people always want bigger, better and newer.

I didn't say there was a shortage of the elements, I did say that there are no more pre-made diaphragms left.

$5,000 is a lot of money for little diaphragms.....what I'm saying is that I am personally worried about how long I will still be able to buy 1.7 P&C kits or cams for my type4.....
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Aug 12 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #43

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE (bd1308 @ Aug 12 2005, 03:09 PM)
I am personally worried about how long I will still be able to buy 1.7 P&C kits or cams for my type4.....

you can get just about any piston you want from JE in a matter of weeks; they have mastered the art of short-run custom near-net aluminum forging. Nickies are custom made. cams are ground fresh from billet.

there were hundreds of thousands of 1,7-liter engines made.

there are guys still running and building engines for 356's made 50 years ago - that were originally made in quantities of tens to hundreds.

a properly built 1,7 should go 200,000 mi on pistons and a cam. that's 10,000 mi a year for 20 years. i'm more worried about finding gasoline than pistons in 2025...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 10:13 AM